...that I live in Idaho.
While at the local sushi spot, (and here's where you pause and think, "Wait, you're getting sushi in Idaho?!?" I know, right?) I was pained to notice this on the menu.
Idaho Moo Rolls:
Grilled beef, avocado, tempura veggies, cream cheese, and sesame seeds.
The most disturbing ingredients have been highlighted for your convienience.
All in all, I'm pleased to say my sushi sampler was very tasty and devoid of cow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

There's a Seattle sushi bar called Blue C Sushi. If they served that, they could call it "Blue C Mooshi Sushi."
golfwidow said...
March 30, 2008 at 6:21 AM
I'm not a sushi person but I'm glad you didn't have moo sushi!
Jamie Lovely said...
March 30, 2008 at 6:52 AM
At least you HAVE sushi! Stop bragging! :)
/cornfield inhabitant
Anonymous said...
March 30, 2008 at 9:09 AM
I don't beleive in getting sushi more than fifty miles away from the ocean...
Q said...
March 30, 2008 at 9:54 AM
I guess the "bonus" of this is that at least you can rest assured that it was fairly locally-grown beef...no? Yeah, you're right-- it's just wrong. I've come to take for granted that we have some pretty kickass sushi nearby, and am usually scandalized when I hear someone squawking that they don't want anything "weird." It's all weird! Go with it!
Megan said...
March 30, 2008 at 10:44 AM
How was your sushi sampler?
Nick Wheeler said...
March 30, 2008 at 6:10 PM
Even the name is horrible.
(I'm from ID, too, btw!)
Erin said...
March 30, 2008 at 10:46 PM
Golfwidow--Mooshi Sushi is a much better name.
Megan--The weird sushi that isn't made from animals with hooves is srsly some of the best.
Nick--Excellent. There was some really good tuna and I love a good California Roll. Mmm...wasabi.
Gretchen Alice said...
March 30, 2008 at 10:56 PM
that thing that you described. that was not sushi! i confess i do not eat the stuff but i am surrounded by lovers here in los angeles. i cannot WAIT to tell them about this one! :)
Kristen said...
March 31, 2008 at 9:20 AM
Sushi...okay. I think sushi's kind of weird, but that's just me. OH yeah, I read your response about the 'Bens', and I do like some Death Cab for Cutie - 'You Are DRiving Me Home' is the best, and it isn't even on iTunes! *gasp*
Edge said...
March 31, 2008 at 5:11 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else get mad when they take ingredients like that, roll it up and call it sushi?
Hearts and Crafts said...
April 1, 2008 at 7:45 AM
But cream cheese is good in anything.
Anonymous said...
April 1, 2008 at 11:51 AM
a new reader comes and visits me (thanks! by the way!), and now you're on a little bloggy vacay!
welp, im pumped to read more of you once you return!
xo
megabrooke said...
April 9, 2008 at 5:42 AM